Sunday, September 28, 2008

Week 18 - ACL Surgery Recovery

Welcome to my ACL surgery recovery blog where I have been giving week by week updates on my recovery since I had ACL surgery on my right knee back on May 22nd, 2008.

The "run watch" continues. Still having trouble with all running at this point. There is still pain in the lower part of my patella tendon or somewhere around where it attaches to my upper shin bone. At this point, I'm not pushing it. Not until i see my surgeon and get x-rays done on Oct 7th to rule out anything. Physio still insists my hips muscles are weak which could be causing more pressure in the knee. I'm fine with that diagnosis but I'm kind of paranoid that its something else. I'd like to hear my surgeons opinion.

This week at physio, a couple new exercises with some of the same equipment I've been using. First, on the FitVibe, i did side steps with an elastic exercise band around my legs. 10 sets of 30 seconds. Then, i also added an exercise band for when i do the floor slider thingy.

I've also been hitting the gym harder. Concentrating on legs and using some very challenging weight, I've been doing, Leg Presses, Leg curls, Hamstring curls, and also using the Hip Flexor machines. 3 sets of 10 each. Hopefully this will help improve my leg strength. I'm also trying to incorporate 20-30 minutes on the elliptical machine (3 times a week) to keep my cardio up. I find that there is no pain when i use that machine.

Well, that's it for this week. Thanks for reading my ACL Surgery Recovery blog. Hopefully this blog is still helpful for some people.
Take care.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Geoff,
    I dropped you a message through your medblog board.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews