Monday, August 11, 2008

Week 11 - ACL Surgery Recovery

11 weeks post ACL surgery and my physio schedule is still pretty much the same. There weren't any new exercises but outside of physio, however, i was able to start riding my mountain bike. Of course, not over any rough terrain or tough hills but it was good just getting out there. I was able to do a 15 km ride mostly through public parks and paved pathways but i was able to ride fast and hard. My knee was sore the next day...all over my knee, the back, the sides but it passed and 3 days later, I went out for the exact same ride, this time I was not sore at all the next day. I did have to be careful however. My knee is not totally stable yet at this point.

I'm also using an elliptical machine as well with no trouble at all. I started using this a lot after i had my left knee's ACL fixed in 1999 and eventually bought a higher end one of my own. Its a good non impact exercise. You just have to make sure you get one that has a wide enough stride for your body type.

Anyway, I've been told that this coming week i can start running on the tread mill. I will start of doing a 30 minute interval routine of walking for 4.5 minutes and then jogging for 30 seconds. Eventually the plan is to work up your jogging time and decrease your walking time. I'll report back at the end of the week.

Thanks for reading my ACL SURGERY RECOVERY blog. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them and I'll be happy to reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews